There is nothing like a hearty breakfast!
I would not say that breakfast is the best meal of the day for me - I am always partial towards dinner. Yet having a good breakfast keeps you going for most part of the day. As a part of my first job in India, we were part of the HR panel for Campus recruitment of freshers. This demanded of us to travel to different cities and were often put up in hotels approved by the company. No compromise on safety and security! Goes without saying that we had the luxury of staying in a couple of prominent 5 star hotels - royal bedrooms and hearty meals. Breakfast is complementary in these hotels and we would definitely not miss that! It was always a combo of Indian and English - from idli, vada, sambar to the croissants, muffins and sausages - name it and you had it there. So even now when I hear of breakfast buffets I jump at the idea. The widespread buffet is such a visual treat and leaves you with a happy tummy.
So over to my recipe today. Since I have talked about breakfast - my recipe also has got something to do with breakfast. Coriander chutney is our bowl of happiness with idli or dosa. Do try it and enjoy!
- Coconut - 1 cup grated
- Coriander leaves - 1/2 cup chopped including stems
- Green Chilly - 1 or 2 depending on the spice quotient
- Ginger - 1 tsp chopped
- Salt to taste
- Water - 1/2 cup
- Mustard seeds - 1/4 tsp
- Urad dal - 1/4 tsp
- Pulse together the coconut, coriander leaves, green chilly, ginger and salt. Add the water to attain the desired consistency.
- Heat oil in a pan and add the mustard seeds and let it splutter. Add urad dal and once the color begins to change lightly add the chutney. Add more water if required and switch off the flame when it heats up. Do not let it boil.
- A great breakfast companion with idli, dosa or vada.
You may also note -
- You could also add curry leaves and red chilies for tempering
- The fresher the coriander and grated coconut the better the flavor