The climate wasn't exactly friendly this week. Lots of sand and dust up in the air and the temperature soaring higher by the hour. The hot and dry summer is here again!
Getting out onto the streets seemed like a nightmare and we yearned to get back to the house in the evenings.We definitely were in need of something fresh and cold to cheer us up. A refreshing bowl of salad came to our rescue. I am not very fond of salads but I could give this one a pass by any day any time.
I am sure your would love digging in this bowl as well. Every time I boil chickpeas for some gravy, I make sure I keep aside some for the salad too.
My favorite bowl of salad could be yours too. Here you go -
( serves -2)
- Chickpeas - 2 cups boiled
- Capsicum/Green Pepper - 1 medium size chopped
- Cucumber - 1 skinned and chopped
- Tomato - 1 finely chopped
- Coriander leaves - a handful finely chopped
- Lemon juice - 1/2 lemon
- Pepper - 1 tsp coarsely crushed
- Olive oil - 2 tbsp
- Prepare the dressing by mixing together the pepper, salt, olive oil and lemon juice. Set aside.
- In a bowl, bring together the chickpeas, capsicum, cucumber and tomato.
- Chill it for half hour. Add the dressing and combine well before serving.
- Sprinkle corriander leaves for the extra freshness.