My inspiration for blogging is a college friend of mine - Anupa. We first started blogging when we were done with our MBA and were awaiting campus placements. A while after we got job, Anupa moved to USA and restarted blogging. Well, this time it was all about cooking and I was quite impressed with her work. I guess I took the inspiration from her again and started posting recipes here.
Few days back, I was just going through her blog - palaharam.blogspot.in and I came across this recipe of lettuce wraps. I had quite a bit of lettuce in the fridge and the pictures of the wraps Anupa put in looked lovely. Well, I decided to have my own take of the recipe.
Let us take a look at what goes into the recipe -
Chicken - 1/4 kg diced into small pieces
Onion - 1 big diced
Ginger - 1 teaspoon minced
Garlic - 1 teaspoon minced
Roasted Peanuts - 3 tablespoons
Spring Onion - 1/4 cup Chopped
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and toss in the onions, ginger and garlic.Add a little salt to this. Fry it till they are tender and the raw smell vanishes.
- Now add the diced chicken pieces to this and stir it low flame till the pieces are almost cooked. Add 1 tbsp of tomato sauce and 1 tbsp of soya sauce to this and saute it.
- Add the peanuts - make sure the peanuts are already roasted. Saute the mix for about 3-5 minutes on low flame.
- Add the chopped spring onion and 1 tsp sugar and saute it for about 2 minutes. Your filling is now ready.
- Cut the Lettuce into desired shape and serve the filling with this! Garnish with coriander leaf.